Monday, August 9, 2010

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen


This Insight Edition of Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen was a blast to read. I have to admit, I didn't know what I was getting myself into. At first, I thought all the little sidebars were a little annoying, but as I got further and further into the book, I found myself actually looking forward to them.

This book is a classic written in the beautiful prose of the 18th Century writer, Miss Jane Austen. I can't remember the last time I had read one of her books, but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of this book. It even inspired me to rent the 1995 movie with Emma Thompson and Hugh Grant in it. I love the contrasts between the two sisters, the overly dramatic, romance-seeking Marianne, and the calm, steady, level-headed, Elinor.

I look forward to seeing more books like this from Bethany House. This is a great way to get re-acquainted with the classics.

This book was provided to me free of charge as part of Bethany House Book Reviewers.

No comments:

Post a Comment