Monday, August 24, 2009

STAND

I love mentors. I love the whole concept of having someone in a different season of life coming along side of you to teach you how to make your journey just a little bit better. I also love that God gives you more than one mentor for different areas in your life. I have someone that I am getting to know that I feel God is going to use to mentor me in my writing. He's given me someone that I look to on how to relate to people (because God knows I need help with that!). And one of my favorite mentors is someone God gave to me to show me how to be a strong and steadfast PRYZR.

I was talking with "Mama" yesterday and she was sharing with me about a Word she received from God for some of the women in our church. This Word (using the KC paraphrasing) was that a lot of women are needing to get ready to fight and we don't know how. They have not had to or have chosen not to stand up and fight the enemy and have relied on other people to do their fighting for them.

I confess, I didn't get this at first. I agreed with what she was saying, but I didn't really get it until about halfway through the day. Then I got it!

STAND - I love this word. Being the egghead that I am, I went to the dictionary to look up it‘s meaning. It can be a noun with the meaning "to remain stable, upright, unaltered". It can also be a verb with the definition "to engage in" or "to remain unaltered".

Ephesians 6:10-20 teaches us about the armor of God. Those of you who know it, say it with me. The helmet of salvation, the breastplate of righteousness, the sword of the Spirit, the shield of faith, the belt of truth, and the shoes that are ready from the gospel of peace. And then...wait for it...here it comes...the command from the General at HQ. “…and after you have done everything to stand. STAND FIRM.”

Get ready. The fight is on! But our instructions are simple. All we have to do is stand (remain stable, upright, and unaltered). Don't back down or run away from the fight. Face it head on. It's not going to be easy, but all we are required to do is stand. He does the rest.

1 comment:

  1. Stand. When you think about it, standing represents strength. Many of us don't realize how strong we are - until we are forced to find out through circumstance. Great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete