Monday, July 20, 2009

The Beginning

At a birthday celebration thrown at my office for me and a co-worker back in January, I was asked the question, "What am I looking for this year". My answer came forward quickly. DESTINY

For so long I strove to be what I thought everyone around me needed me to be. To loosely quote the apostle Paul..."all things to all people". But a week before my birthday, God got a hold of me. He told me that it didn't matter what I had tried to be for the last 18 years or more of my life. It was time to stand up and walk forward into the destiny that was predestined before my birth.

I love the stories in the Bible (no shocker there). I especially love the Old Testament books of history. Joshua is one of my favorites. From Joshua, I learned of the people who would go before the warriors. The ones who prepare the way for the conquerors to come and wage the war. I find it interesting that God sent singers before the soldiers. He sent those with hearts of praise before He sent those with warrior hearts. He wanted to make sure that the soldiers knew for whom they were fighting and Who gave them the victory. Is it any wonder that God expects the same from us today? We are expected to go forward with His praise on our lips declaring in both the natural and the supernatural that God gives us the victory.

I hope you will come with me on this journey to become a Praise Warrior. I want to be someone who shows great vigor, courage, and aggressiveness (the definition of a warrior). I want to become someone whose name becomes synonymous with praise. Not necessarily to be known for my voice (we all know that belongs to my husband), but someone who is known for an attitude of praise.

This is A Pryzr's Journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment